Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Hi there!

My name is Erin and I am, above all else, a kindergarten teacher. I am passionate about my craft - about the crucial role of early childhood education, about developing my students as people (not just scholars), and about constantly finding ways to make my daily actions as a teacher more purposeful, effective, and engaging. In the bit of time and energy I have left, I love to cook, hang out with my dog, dance, read, and write.

Hence, the blog. Now in my fourth year of teaching, I am no longer totally overwhelmed by the day-to-day, and I want to document some of the constant reflecting that goes on in my head. This is mostly a personal journey, but I am keeping the blog public in hopes that someone might benefit from the ideas I share in my posts! 

My commitment is to post at least once a month about something NEW that I'm doing in my classroom. It might be materials I've created for my students, a new intervention I'm trying out with a specific student, ways I've re-organized to make my classroom more efficient... whatever is most important to my "teacher self" at that time. Feel free to leave feedback in the comments - I LOVE to hear what others are doing in their classrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment